KFF NEWS UPDATES

January 15, 2021

   Our hope was to announce Festival plans for 2021 by the end of December 2020 and go on-sale by the first of February 2021. However, until the trajectory of surges and trendlines for coronavirus cases changes, we are not comfortable selling tickets, RV sites, and vendor spaces for an in-person Festival.

The coronavirus has taught us not to count on the passage of time for safety.  Currently, we haven’t abandoned the possibility of a limited May 2021 in-person gathering, although a virtual event seems much more likely.  We will decide in the next month or two.  We feel stronger hope for an in-person gathering is for an October Festival, scheduled around Indigenous Peoples Day / Columbus Day (2nd Monday in October).

We are a community, and we all have responsibility in assuring one another’s safety and well-being.  The KFFF Board of Directors is monitoring official sources to create safety criteria that assures our community’s safety when we reunite.  Meanwhile, please stay safe and stay home, Kerrverts!

For now, here is our commitment to you and the commitment we ask of you: 

    ·  Let’s hold tight to the love and respect we have for one another. 

    ·  Let’s hold dates around Memorial Day in May and around the 2nd Monday in October for the possibility of

       gathering, perhaps in smaller numbers, or in mass. 

 

   We do not want to pepper you with unwanted email, so we ask that you regularly check the KFF News Updates page on our website (this web page) and official KFF social media pages for updates.  When dates and plans are solidified, we will send out an e-blast update. And we ask that you let us hear from you if you have suggestions or ideas you believe we are not considering.  Afterall, it is YOUR Festival!

 

With both longing and hope,

The Kerrville Folk Festival Board of Directors & Staff